[Histonet] How to save dried antibody?

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 10:48:34 CDT 2011

Not sure if others would call this a "lyophilized" situation. Dont know the specifics of what you initially recieved. Here's my best shot as I recall from using lyophilized antibodies doing IF for renal bx's a while back.

Back then I used a PBS based diluent. A very low reconstitution amount, 50-100um. I typically used the diluent in the pipett tip to swirl the freeze dried/lyophilized antibody back together while warming the tube with my thumb as I held it. It worked well in that situation for me.

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are others out here who do this every day and can offer more specifics?

Best of luck.

Kim Donadio

________________________________
From: sarah Tabatabaei <sarah_taba <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:27 AM
Subject: [Histonet] How to save dried antibody?

Dear All,

We have purchased a sheep anti-CGRP antibody for our fluorescent IHC study on human tissue and kept it in -20 for a while. It came in liquid but now it's all stiff
and looks like it's being crystallized. I cannot pipet any of it. It
has hardened and looks like a piece of glass at bottom of its container. I tried to re-suspend it with the same amount of glycerol, but the
antibody doesn't seem to be mixing with it.

Does anyone know how to save this antibody? How can I bring it back to its liquid state?

Thank you for your time

Sarah Sadat, DDS

MSc Student, Dental Sciences
McGill University