[Histonet] How to save dried antibody?

sarah Tabatabaei sarah_taba <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 10:27:38 CDT 2011

Dear All,

We have purchased a sheep anti-CGRP antibody for our fluorescent IHC study on human tissue and kept it in -20 for a while. It came in liquid but now it's all stiff
and looks like it's being crystallized. I cannot pipet any of it. It
has hardened and looks like a piece of glass at bottom of its container. I tried to re-suspend it with the same amount of glycerol, but the
antibody doesn't seem to be mixing with it.

Does anyone know how to save this antibody? How can I bring it back to its liquid state?

Thank you for your time

Sarah Sadat, DDS

MSc Student, Dental Sciences
McGill University