[Histonet] Automated Slide Stainer and Coverslipper: Foil or Glass?

Hasselblatt, Martin Martin.Hasselblatt <@t> ukmuenster.de
Tue Nov 8 03:38:58 CST 2011

Dear list members,
we have funding to buy an automated slide stainer and coverslipper and are considering to go for the Tissue-Tek® Prisma.

If you had the choice: Would you opt for a glass coverslipper or a foil coverslipper? Feedback of pathologists on the optical quality of the foiled slides as well your technical experiences with maintenance (we heard rumors the glass version is running less stable) are most welcome. Please take into account that we plan to archive slides "infinitely" and will not discard them after 5 years.
Thank you very much for your help!

All the best from Germany,
Martin

Martin Hasselblatt, M.D.