[Histonet] Automated Slide Stainer and Coverslipper: Foil or Glass?

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Tue Nov 8 10:03:12 CST 2011

Martin
We currently have a Leica CV35030, which is a glass cover slipper. My 15
Pathologists prefer the glass covers slips for the optical quality. We are
required to archive our slides for 20 years, which is another reason we
chose glass cover slips.
The Leica CV5030 if cleaned nightly and maintained properly is a work horse,
with only small problems that are easily fixed within the lab.
Cindy

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
X-Cell Laboratories
e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hasselblatt,
Martin
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:39 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Automated Slide Stainer and Coverslipper: Foil or Glass?

Dear list members,
we have funding to buy an automated slide stainer and coverslipper and are
considering to go for the Tissue-Tek® Prisma.

If you had the choice: Would you opt for a glass coverslipper or a foil
coverslipper? Feedback of pathologists on the optical quality of the foiled
slides as well your technical experiences with maintenance (we heard rumors
the glass version is running less stable) are most welcome. Please take into
account that we plan to archive slides "infinitely" and will not discard
them after 5 years.
Thank you very much for your help!

All the best from Germany,
Martin