[Histonet] low profile vs. hi profile blades

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Nov 6 13:53:29 CST 2011

It depends on the microtome being used and how the blade holder is set up to
take high profile or low, many of them (at least the microms I have can take
either) on my microm to use low profile I leave the bar on the knife holder
so the holder is set to hold shorter low profile blades, I can take that bar
out with a couple of little screws on each side which deepens the knife
holder space so it can take high profile knives.

One of my cryostats knife holder only takes high profile blades so I like to
use Sturkey gold high profile there, the other cryostat I have only takes
low profile blades.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215