[Histonet] Recycled Xylene

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 25 10:11:22 CDT 2011

If you are using a good "cracking" recycling instrument the recycled xylene = 100% xylene and there cannot be any differences in behavior against "pure-unused-mew" xylene. That is what I always found for more than 15 years.
René J.

From: "Marshall, Kimberly K" <kkmarshall <@t> anthc.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:20 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Recycled Xylene

Hello in Histo land.

  I know it is a subject brought up over and over again but I need to
get the opinion of my fellow Histo techs on processing tissue with
recycled Xylene.  Yes I know it saves money and is better for the earth,
but is the quality of the tissue the same??? Coverslipping and clearing
slides with it I can see being ok, but processing with it??? It is not
100% after recycling.  I could use any thought on the subject.

Thanks in advance