[Histonet] Recycled Xylene

Curt Tague c.tague <@t> pathologyarts.com
Wed May 25 09:18:04 CDT 2011

We recycle it and have had no problems with processing, no complaints from
the docs.

Curt

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marshall,
Kimberly K
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:21 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Recycled Xylene

Hello in Histo land.

  I know it is a subject brought up over and over again but I need to
get the opinion of my fellow Histo techs on processing tissue with
recycled Xylene.  Yes I know it saves money and is better for the earth,
but is the quality of the tissue the same??? Coverslipping and clearing
slides with it I can see being ok, but processing with it??? It is not
100% after recycling.  I could use any thought on the subject.

Thanks in advance