[Histonet] Formalin fixed frozen sections

amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com
Wed May 18 23:02:23 CDT 2011

We  take frozen section from formalin fixed tissue  and  placed them  in
30% sucrose overnight before mounting on chucks.

But never tried the other way round  frozen tissue then fixed formalin, i
heard that  it helps in falling of the tissue. But no experience.

Amita

From:   "Sherwood, Margaret " <MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG>
To:     <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date:   19/05/11 01:21 AM
Subject:        Re:  [Histonet] Formalin fixed frozen sections
Sent by:        histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Does anyone fix their frozen tissue first in formalin before embedding and
sectioning?  I know one investigator in our lab did that previously, but
was not
sure of the strength of formalin (I don't believe it was 10%).  Another
investigator inquired about doing that.

I would appreciate hearing from fellow histonetters.

Thanks!
Peggy

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDR 214)
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)
617-726-6983 (lab)
617-726-1206 (fax)
msherwood <@t> partners.org

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it
is
e-mail
HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly
dispose of the e-mail.