[Histonet] CD79 alpha dilemma

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Fri May 13 09:14:23 CDT 2011

Hi Craig,

I have found CD79a from Biocare (cat. # CM067C) to stain dog, cat, pig, cow,
horse, sheep, and mouse so far.  Have not tried it on other species yet (in
other words, I don't have any negative species results to report).

I do have to use HIER with high pH retrieval buffer (Dako; contains EDTA) to
expose antigens (in a Biocare Decloaking Chamber/pressure cooker).  Citrate
buffer doesn't do the job well enough.  Microwave oven antigen retrieval
will also work, but it exposes fewer epitopes than the pressure cooker.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
IHC/Histology/EM Section Head
Pathology Teaching Program
University of Minnesota
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Ave.
St. Paul, MN  55108
612-624-7297
shive003 <@t> umn.edu

(Confidentiality Notice: This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
think you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and
then delete this message and any attachments immediately.)