[Histonet] Trilogy and Kidney

Peter Boor boor <@t> email.cz
Fri May 13 02:26:33 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We are trying to establish several stainings of GFs and their receptors
(e.g. PDGF/R) in formalin fixed human kidney tissues. In our hands and
according to literature a nice specific staining is seen with Trilogy Ag
retrieval (using pressure cooker). However, using this Ag retrieval,
independent of which primary or secondary Ab we use or how rigorous is our
Av./Biot. And peroxidase blocking, we always get a strong unspecific tubular
background.

I was wondering if anyone encountered a similar problem and if someone has
any suggestions for this?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Peter

P E T E R    B O O R,  MD, PhD

Dpt. of Nephrology & Inst. of Pathology, RWTH University Aachen

Pauwelstr. 30

52074 Aachen, Germany

Tel.:+49 241 80 89670

E-Mail: boor <@t> email.cz