[Histonet] RE: CD79 alpha dilemma

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Fri May 13 08:42:31 CDT 2011

We use Cd79a clone Ab-1 (HM47/A9) from Thermos Scientific (Cat #MS-357).  It does not list either cats or dogs on the data sheet but it works.  They also suggest HIER-Citrate pH6 for retrieval, but in our hands Citrate pH 9 produces better results - steam heat for 20 min and cool on bench top for 30 min - we an a non-automated lab.

Good luck,

Tresa Goins
Histopathology Supervisor
Department of Livestock
Bozeman, Montana

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Farish, Craig
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:35 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CD79 alpha dilemma

Hi folks - has anyone out there found a Cd79α clone and supplier which will cover multiple species reliably?
I can find clones which will stain cats and dogs (and humans), and clones which will cover horses, pigs, cows and primates (and humans, but not opossums for some reason??) but i'm yet to find one which will cross-react with both the large and small animals commonly encountered in a vet lab. I would rather not have to stock 2 versions of the same antibody if I can avoid it.
As always, thanks to everyone who contributes to histonet,
Craig

Craig Farish
Senior Technical Officer
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Charles Sturt University
Boorooma Street
Wagga Wagga
NSW 2678