[Histonet] bone marrow biopsy decals

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Mar 25 10:22:11 CDT 2011

Diana,

I have a lot of experience with decal reagents and Formic acid is the best
in my experience for IHC.  It is not as fast as the rapid decals but is the
kindest at not adversely affecting the antigens and more gentle on iron
leaching, although all decals will leach iron, we usually do iron on the
smear or clot section.  Not only does the formic acid leach the iron so does
the alcohols and solvents in tissue processing.

Regards,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Diana
Martinez-Longoria
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:01 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] bone marrow biopsy decals

Our pathologist wants to know why Formical-4 is the best decal for bone
marrow biopsies, since we heard about in Histonet? I have experimented with
four different decals: Rapid-Immuno, Formical-4, Nitric Acid, and HCL\Formic
Acid and we are still not sure which will be the best decal. Also we a decal
that will  minimize the leeching out of iron. If any out there has any
suggest, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Diana Martinez-Longoria
Histotechnician  HT(ASCP)CM
El Centro Regional Medical Center
1415 Ross Ave
El Centro CA 92243
(760) 339-7267
(760)482-5365 fax

dmlongoria <@t> ecrmc.org

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender at the phone
number above and promptly destroy this e-mail and its attachments.

ECRMC Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is