[Histonet] RE: Stupid rabbit antibodies

Perry, Margaret Margaret.Perry <@t> sdstate.edu
Thu Mar 24 14:05:00 CDT 2011

Have you tried the Dako Rabbit envision?  We also tried the AbCam Expose Rabbit specific HRP and used Nova red from Vector  or the DAB in the kit depending on which antibody we used.  It is excellent , maybe even a little better than Dako's envision.  I did have to use blocks such as FC receptor block Innovex, Powerblock Biogenex and serum free protein block DAKO.  What I used depended on the antibody with some needing only the block provided in the kit.  Good Luck.

Margaret Perry HT(ASCP)
Dept of Veterinary and  Biomedical services
Box 2175
South Dakota State University
Brookings SD 57007
605-688-5638

------------------------------

Message: 17
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:04:16 -0500
From: <sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Stupid Rabbit primaries!
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

So I haven't had to deal with rabbit polyclonal primaries in a long time
because I remember how much the background sucks with them.
Unfortunately the only available antibody is a rabbit polyclonal.  Does
anyone have any suggestions for how to eliminate the background?  I have
diluted almost to the point of the antigens not showing!  Thanks guys
and gals!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics