[Histonet] PFA preparation

Montina Van Meter Montina.VanMeter <@t> pbrc.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:25:09 CDT 2011

Nick,

I too have tried to limit my exposure after making it from scratch for
30+ years.  I currently purchase it from USB Corp. located in Cleveland
Ohio. They have been acquired by Affymetrix and you will be directed to
that website when you type in www.usbweb.com.

Cat.# 19943 1LT   Paraformaldehyde Solution, 4% in PBS, 1L  $48.00

Regards,
Tina

Montina J. Van Meter
Lab Manager
Autonomic Neuroscience
225-763-2564
vanmetmj <@t> pbrc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Madary,
Joseph
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 10:27 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PFA preparation

Anyone have a decent method to prepare paraformaldehyde.  I have the
powder and the NOAH, hood, heat source but forgot the method.

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Histology Mgr, Medimmune

301.398.6360(lab), 4745(vm),9745(fax)

"To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments
contain information that is not in the public domain, such information
is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary, and
expected to be used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.
If you have received this electronic communication in error, please
reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the
original message and any accompanying documents from your system
immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for any
purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation."

To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments
contain information that is not in the public domain, such information
is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary. This
communication is expected to be read and/or used only by the