[Histonet] PFA preparation

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:43:43 CDT 2011

I concur with the others. For about 6 years I've made it from powder but
the toxicity risk bothered me until I realized how safely and cheaply you
can just buy the same stuff. We get a discount through our stockroom on a
4L bottle of 10% Buffered Formalin from Fisher (SF100-4) for $28.

I started getting neutral buffered formalin instead from Fisher.

--On Monday, March 21, 2011 11:25 AM -0500 Montina Van Meter
<Montina.VanMeter <@t> pbrc.edu> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> I too have tried to limit my exposure after making it from scratch for
> 30+ years.  I currently purchase it from USB Corp. located in Cleveland
> Ohio. They have been acquired by Affymetrix and you will be directed to
> that website when you type in www.usbweb.com.
>
> Cat.# 19943 1LT   Paraformaldehyde Solution, 4% in PBS, 1L  $48.00
>

> Regards,
> Tina
>

> Montina J. Van Meter
> Lab Manager
> Autonomic Neuroscience
> 225-763-2564
> vanmetmj <@t> pbrc.edu

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.