[Histonet] PFA preparation

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Mar 21 11:01:40 CDT 2011

I stopped making up paraformaldehyde from the powder; too toxic.  Another
colleague told me she buys it in a 16% solution, EM grade from EMS (10 x 10ml
vials).  I started using that, along with the glutaraldehyde to prepare my
working solution.

Peggy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Madary, Joseph
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 11:27 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PFA preparation

Anyone have a decent method to prepare paraformaldehyde.  I have the powder and
the NOAH, hood, heat source but forgot the method.

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Histology Mgr, Medimmune

301.398.6360(lab), 4745(vm),9745(fax)

"To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain
information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by
MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary, and expected to be used only by
the individual(s) for whom it is intended.  If you have received this electronic
communication in error, please reply to the sender advising of the error in
transmission and delete the original message and any accompanying documents from
your system immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for
any purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation."

To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain
information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by
MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary. This communication is expected to
be read and/or used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended. If you