[Histonet] CAP checklist, question ANP.23041.

Mark Turner mturner <@t> CSILaboratories.com
Wed Mar 16 18:36:15 CDT 2011

Regarding CAP checklist, question ANP.23041.  "The operation of the imaging system is performed by high-complexity testing personnel."

We have a question regarding the qualifications of the operators.  The operators of the Aperio system are simply scanning entire slides to make a record for us prior to returning slides to the client.  Our operators make no evaluation of the image other than whether the scan is adequate for recording purposes, and this is verified by our medical staff prior to release of the materials.  In your opinion, does this constitute high-complexity testing and require CLIA compliant qualifications for the operators?

Mark Turner, Ph.D, HT(ASCP) QIHC

IHC / Histology Manager

CSI Laboratories

770-817-0817 x 394

678-205-4669  FAX

mturner <@t> csilaboratories.com <mailto:nmonroe <@t> csilaboratories.com>

csilaboratories.com <https://csi-srv-007/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.csi-labs.com/>

11525 Park Woods Circle

Alpharetta, GA 30005

Important Warning: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete the related e-mail.