[Histonet] VALIDATION of a new clone

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Mon Mar 14 13:21:09 CDT 2011

If it's a different clone then it's essentially a different antibody you
would have to go through the same process as you did initially.

LIz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, Colorado 80308
office (303) 682-3949
fax (303) 682-9060
www.premierlab.com

Ship to Address:
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, Colorado 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy,
Jim
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:17 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] VALIDATION of a new clone

I am wondering what others  are doing when they validate a new clone of
a antibody that you have used in the lab for quite sometime.  When we
introduce a new antibody obviously we go through a pretty extensive
validation process including sampling of around 20 - 30 specimens, some
presumed positive cases and some presumed negative cases.   We also try
to include in the positive cases some that are strongly positive and
others that are weakly positive.

Lately several of our regular antibodies are now no longer available in
the same clone.  I am interested in how different labs would validate
the new clone to be used in the lab.  It would seem to me that the
validation process would not have to be as extensive since we have
already established that the antibody works well in our laboratory.   I
know if it was the same clone but a different lot we would just do a
comparison of the old lot with the new lot, but what about a different
clone?   I realize that the methods are going to be diverse but I would
appreciate hearing from others.

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046