[Histonet] Decal Solutions

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Mon Jun 20 07:58:50 CDT 2011

I have used formic acid (5%) for decal for IHC for 20 years, it is slower
than HCL but much better for IHC, if you use a platform shaker to keep it
moving the exchange can be pretty good for bm bx 4-6 hours is what I would
start with.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gauch, Vicki
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 8:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solutions

Hi,
Does anyone know of any decal solutions that are compatible with IHC, ISH,
FISH other than EDTA and solutions containing HCL ?  We have heard that some
people use formic acid.  Also, what would be the decalcification times for
tissue such as a bone marrow bx using these other solutions ?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany, NY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
the Internet at www.amc.edu.