[Histonet] Decal Solutions

Johnson, Nacaela Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USONCOLOGY.COM
Mon Jun 20 08:08:21 CDT 2011

We do 95% bone marrow specimens here.  We have perfected our ISH and IHC
using the Rapid-Cal Immuno from BBC.  Most bone marrows decal in 2.5
hours (8 gauge).  The decal does not diminish the iron stores either.
If you have questions about my procedures feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Nacaela Johnson, B.S. HTL (ASCP)CM
Histotechnologist
KCCC Pathology
12000 110th St., Ste. 400
Overland Park, KS 66210
Office:  913-234-0576
Fax:  913-433-7639
Email:  Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USOncology.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gauch,
Vicki
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 9:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solutions

Hi,
Does anyone know of any decal solutions that are compatible with IHC,
ISH, FISH other than EDTA and solutions containing HCL ?  We have heard
that some people use formic acid.  Also, what would be the
decalcification times for tissue such as a bone marrow bx using these
other solutions ?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany, NY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole
use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication
and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or
reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly
prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our
privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.