[Histonet] RE: Decal Solutions

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Mon Jun 13 18:35:20 CDT 2011

Vicki,

We fix our trephines in 10% formal alcohol overnight and decal for 6 hours in formic acid (4% Formaldehyde, 33% Formic acid, 0.85% Sodium Chloride).

Excellent morphology and good antigen preservation.

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gauch, Vicki
Sent: Tuesday, 14 June 2011 12:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solutions

Hi,
Does anyone know of any decal solutions that are compatible with IHC, ISH, FISH other than EDTA and solutions containing HCL ?  We have heard that some people use formic acid.  Also, what would be the decalcification times for tissue such as a bone marrow bx using these other solutions ?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany, NY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.