[Histonet] Retirement

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:31:58 CDT 2011

Agarose Gels!
    ... Listen you whipersnapper Agarose is the easy way out. When I learned
it we used to have to make up our own polyacrylamide gels. That was after
having to walk to work up hill both ways in 30 feet of snow!

(No nearer retirement)
Crotchety Amos

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:24:12 -0400
From: Emily Sours <talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Retirement
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Retirement? I think by the time I get to that point, social security will
have run out.
Then again, technology will be so advanced, I can tell stories about the old
days, where I logged on to the bbs by modem to post messages to my friends
and typed in my own html coding.
We didn't have google when I was young!! Our cameras used film! And you
couldn't see how bad your pictures were until you developed that film!!
There was no PCR to sequence your DNA, you ran an agarose gel and hoped for
the best!! You could drink the 100% ethanol, there was no denaturing! (okay
that was before my time) You could smoke in the lab while you sectioned
without gloves!! (okay that was too)

Emily

A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted.
You should live several lives while reading it.
-William Styron