[Histonet] Antibody suggestions for dog and cat

Kathleen Jones Kjones <@t> upei.ca
Mon Jul 25 13:54:39 CDT 2011

Hello Mark

We use the Ventana Benchmark for most of our IHC. We don't use all of
the markers you listed, but and for our canine and feline tissue we do
have great results with the following:
Vimentin-Ventana
Cytokeratin-Dako
CD18-UC-Davis (Dr. Peter Moore)
C-kit-Dako

We worked hard to get the Melan A (Dako) working but had trouble with
using a DAB detection kit..perhaps a red kit would be better.

If you would like more info, feel free to contact me directly.

Kathy

Kathleen Jones
Research Technologist
Pathology/Microbiology
AVC - UPEI
(902)566-0595

>>> Mark Tarango <marktarango <@t> gmail.com> 25/07/2011 3:33 PM >>>
Could anyone suggest suituble antibodies for the following markers in
dog
and cat tissue:

Vimentin, Pankeratin, CD3 and CD20, CD18, MelanA, Factor VIII

Also could use a suggestion for C-kit in Dog tissue only.

thanks

Mark