[Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Nicole Tatum nicole <@t> dlcjax.com
Wed Jul 20 13:08:10 CDT 2011

Amanda,

Im not exactly sure which part of your machine is freezing based on your
description, but, I have a leica 1510 and it has freezing issues. Everyone
I have ever used does this. The bar that hold the specimen chucks ices and
freezes over like crazy.. It will frezze the chuck in the bar holder
solid. I have to get a hammer and beat it sometimes..lol. So, before I use
my machine I wipe 100% alcohol across the bar to de-ice it and the chucks
dont get stuck..Do not use so much that you lower your temp. Also, do not
get on the oct or the stage because your blocks will not cut and be
mush... Just wipe the areas daily with alcohol.. Hope this helps.

Nicole Tatum, HT ASCP

 Hi Histonetters!