[Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Wed Jul 20 11:26:11 CDT 2011

It is really just a freezer with a microtome in it.  Do you have an on-site refrigeration guy that could look at it?  I have used our in-house guy a time or two.  Ours is pretty simple and does not have all of the electronics that you may have on the Leica but it is worth a shot.

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163
(740) 348-4166
tmcnemar <@t> lmhealth.org
www.LMHealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amanda Madden
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Hi Histonetters!

A few months back I emailed regarding a service contract through Leica for
our CM 3050S, and (unfortunately?) we chose not to purchase one. This week
we have had a serious issue with it... the specimen head and arm is covered
in frost, and the object temperature sensor is reading ## instead of a temp.
In any case, we called Leica and asked for a service call, but it is
extremely expensive and they couldn't give us an estimate of when they will
be here because cryostats used for clinical applications have priority over
those, like ours, that are used for research. Understandable, but
frustrating nonetheless. So my question is: does anyone know of a good,
reputable cryostat service technician (who is authorized by leica, if
possible) that is located in the Boston, MA area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Amanda