[Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jul 20 10:43:46 CDT 2011

Amanda,

We have a Microm HM550 cryostat and have used Brian J. Hurley (New England
Biomedical Services).  He is an independent service engineer.  He's very good.
In fact ThermoFisher uses him if a service visit is needed.

781-331-8642
617-774-7368 (cell)

Peggy

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDR 214)
Massachusetts General Hospital
50 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)
617-726-6983 (lab)
617-726-1206 (fax)
msherwood <@t> partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amanda Madden
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Hi Histonetters!

A few months back I emailed regarding a service contract through Leica for
our CM 3050S, and (unfortunately?) we chose not to purchase one. This week
we have had a serious issue with it... the specimen head and arm is covered
in frost, and the object temperature sensor is reading ## instead of a temp.
In any case, we called Leica and asked for a service call, but it is
extremely expensive and they couldn't give us an estimate of when they will
be here because cryostats used for clinical applications have priority over
those, like ours, that are used for research. Understandable, but
frustrating nonetheless. So my question is: does anyone know of a good,
reputable cryostat service technician (who is authorized by leica, if
possible) that is located in the Boston, MA area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Amanda