[Histonet] necropsy on freezed animal samples

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:21:14 CST 2011

If the tissue is not fixed soon after death the microscopic morphology
will be terrible, no matter whether the animal is refrigerated or
frozen. The person suggesting refrigeration/freezing is (obviously) not
familiar with histological technique.
As someone else on the list suggested, better planning is needed for the
harvesting of tissues for microscopy.

Geoff

--
--