[Histonet] decalcifying bone marrows after processing

Powers, Kerry PowersK <@t> ccmhonline.com
Fri Jan 14 15:31:50 CST 2011

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with, or is it even possible to, decalcify bone marrows after they are processed.  Our pathologist would like to be able to process bone marrows the same day we receive them, but most of the time there just isn't enough time to allow for proper fixation and then proper decalcification.  She asked if we could process them and then decalcify and I have yet to find an answer to this question.  Please help!!

Thank you,

Kerry Powers
Comanche Country Memorial Hospital
Department of Pathology