[Histonet] Inconsistent immuno staining

Ann Bennett ann.bennettann <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 05:37:04 CST 2011

Hello Histonetters,

While trying to eliminate any variables - processing times, embedding paraffin, waterbath temperature, time and temp in oven, deparaffinization, antigen retrieval, antibody manufacturer and lot # - I still seem to have a slight inconsistency with 1 of my immuno stains.

Mast Cell Tryptase staining for colon biopsies.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or ideas as to why this might be occuring?

Even within my current control slides I see a nice distinct brown or a slightly more pale stain.

I would love to hear your ideas.

Thank you!

Ann.BennettAnn