[IHCRG] RE: [Histonet] batching controls

Tim Higgins higginst <@t> amapath.com
Tue Jan 11 12:09:54 CST 2011

What is the purpose of batching control?  Unless you are having a hard time
finding certain positive tissue types, it's good practice to run a positive
control with each case to ensure every slide shows the desired results.
Plus the patholigist have to call and verify that the control worked,
wasting their time. It doesn't waste money if you are attaching the patient
tissue to your control tissue, and the few that require a separate control
is just part of good patient care.

We have been around and around about this subject in places I have worked
and in the end batch controling is not the direction we want to go for
patient care.  If you are working in research enviroment maybe that is fine
but if it was my specimen, run a control.

Just my two cents!

Thanks,

Timothy Higgins, HT(ASCP) QIHC