[Histonet] Short term tissue storage PBS???

Jo-Ann Bader, Ms. jo-ann.bader <@t> mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 23 14:57:08 CST 2011

Hi All,

It has come to my attention recently that some of our histology clients are submitting their samples in PBS after fixation, instead of 70% alcohol.  When I ask them why they don't know and say they have been told to.  I have always  followed the procedure that after fixation specimens are stored, short term in 70% alcohol, until you are ready to process them. Has something changed lately that I am not aware of?

Jo-Ann Bader
Histology Co-Ordinator
Goodman Cancer Centre
McGill University 1160 Pine Ave. W - Rm 312 (3355)
Montreal, QC, Canada
H3G 1Y6
Tel: 514-398-8270