[Histonet] Tape transfer

abright <@t> brightinstruments.com abright <@t> brightinstruments.com
Wed Feb 9 16:08:08 CST 2011

Dear Nele,
I hear of these problems very often. It would be worth your time looking for any information on fresh frozen bone sections by Dr. Dodds, there should be a number of papers he has published on good quality  bone sectioning   without the use of the slow, expensive and troublesome tape method.

Alan Bright
www.brightinstruments.com

From: "Nele Degryse" <Nele.Degryse <@t> UGent.be>
Sender: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:30:44
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Tape transfer

Hello,

I'm trying to cut undecalcified bone (mouse knees) by using the tape
transfer method.
The problem is that the area that I'm interested in (the joint with
patella) is not transferred from the tape on my slide.
I've used slides with different coating (also those specially made for
bone) and tried different thickness. None of that seems to make a
difference.
Another problem is that my hand roller started to stick, so I cleaned
it with 100% ethanol (as recommended) and now it sticks even more...

Can anybody give me some advice?

Thanks

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach SpamSniper if this mail (ID 01E5IwhGp) is spam:
Spam:        http://admin.spamsniper.co.uk/canit/b.php?i=01E5IwhGp&m=9503c828d7b7&c=s
Not spam:    http://admin.spamsniper.co.uk/canit/b.php?i=01E5IwhGp&m=9503c828d7b7&c=n
Forget vote: http://admin.spamsniper.co.uk/canit/b.php?i=01E5IwhGp&m=9503c828d7b7&c=f