[Histonet] RE: Cost of 10% NBF

Burton, Lynn Lynn.Burton <@t> Illinois.gov
Thu Dec 1 09:20:30 CST 2011

Sorry Sara,
We make our own here too. I can't remember why exactly. One reason is the space for a 50 gallon drum I believe. Good Luck. Bureaucrats always think personnel is cheap enough to be expendable.
Lynn Burton
Lab Assoc I
Animal Disease Lab
Galesburg, Il
309-344-2451
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden, Sara [sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:53 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cost of 10% NBF

I don't suppose that anyone out in HistoPersonLand has done a cost
comparison between making your own 10% NBF and purchasing a 50-gallon
drum of 10% NBF, perhaps?  I did this several years ago but my idea of
saving tech time/costs by buying the bulk was shot down because there
was someone here that did the making.  Now we're even more shorthanded
and I think it would be a better use of everyone's time to just buy the
darned stuff in bulk.  Any chances that someone's already done this?  If
you have, I'd appreciate your input and my everlasting gratitude
(brownies not included).

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services