[Histonet] FW: EM questions

Hawkins, Hal K. hhawkins <@t> UTMB.EDU
Thu Dec 1 09:55:02 CST 2011

I would suggest using some sort of conductive adhesive for what I guess is analysis of the minerals by scanning electron microscopy and energy-dispersive X-ray analysis of their elemental composition.  I would think that embedding in a high melting point wax might have adverse effects by absorbing/scattering  the electron beam in the high-carbon wax before it penetrated to the mineral grains.  Check out these products:

http://www.tedpella.com/SEMmisc_html/SEMpaint.htm

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Patsy Ruegg [pruegg <@t> ihctech.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:37 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] FW: EM questions

Can anyone help with this, I haven't got a clue?

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 215
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.