[Histonet] Mouse vs. Human cells

sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Mon Aug 1 12:55:54 CDT 2011

Hello Histo-hotties!

Question: We are working with xenograft tumors in mice.  The tumor cells
are human in origin.  I am trying to come up with some kind of stain
that will stain all the mouse cells and none of the human cells.  Just
to be able to determine if any of the human tumor cells are in a normal
looking say liver.  I was thinking maybe Ki-67?  It doesn't have to be
any specific marker, just to be able to see a really blue mouse organ,
and then if there are human cells of any type in the organ light up that
one cell.

Thanks

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist