[Histonet] How to keep paraffin sections from sticking to blade/blade holder.

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Thu Apr 21 18:00:52 CDT 2011

Another culprit is static.  Moisture helps to keep the static down.

"Clough, Bret" <Clough <@t> medicine.tamhsc.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
04/21/2011 12:11 PM

Histonet list serv. <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] How to keep paraffin sections from sticking to blade/blade
holder.

While sectioning paraffin embedded tissue on a rotary  microtome I noticed
the sections sticking to the blade holder and bunching up. What do I need
to do so that my section come off the blade in a ribbon? Please note that
this is my first time in sectioning tissue and this is a learning exercise
 for me.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions .

Bret