[Histonet] UCP1 Antibody

John Shelley jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org
Thu Apr 21 08:13:39 CDT 2011

Hi Histonetters,

I was hoping those of you who may have worked with  UCP1 antibody might be willing to share how you optimized this antibody. I am using UCP1 antibody (ab10983) from Abcam. I have followed the datasheet and have used both protease and proteinase k and at varying times with no results. I am using brown fat from a wild type mouse and this is the control tissue that should work. I am running it overnight in a 4 ° to see if that might help since the Post Doc said that their western blot worked better that way. Any help or ideas how to proceed would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards!

John J Shelley