[Histonet] Movat's Pentachrome Question

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Apr 9 10:27:54 CDT 2011

Are you talking about GMA or MMA plastic?  I have not tried to do
pentachrome on GMA but I have a great TC for plastics which I have used for
years for bone and cartilage development.  Nothing beats a pentachrome for
arteries though so it might be worth pursuing, if I get a chance I will look
over the protocol for pentachrome and offer some suggestions to you for GMA
(that is what I use) sections.  Contact me directly to remind me please.

Regards,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Herrick,
James L. (Jim)
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 11:10 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Movat's Pentachrome Question

Happy Friday everyone!!

I am trying to find a good Modified Movat's pentachrome stain protocol
for plastic embedded iliac arteries and also bone tissue (animal model).
Everything I have been able to find so far, is for paraffin embedded
tissue and a mile long. There may not be a fix for the length of the
protocol but if anyone would happen to have a technique that works well
with plastic, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you much.

Have a great weekend!!
Jim