[Histonet] Movat's Pentachrome Question

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Apr 9 10:22:45 CDT 2011

Yes pentachrome is a pain to do, but when done properly I challenge you to
find a more beautiful and useful stain, it is definitely my favorite to look
at.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jay Lundgren
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 1:57 PM
To: Herrick, James L. (Jim)
Cc: histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Movat's Pentachrome Question

Ummm...yes, the protocol for a Movat's Pentachrome is a mile long.  It's got
five different stains There is no one step Movat's Pentachrome.  As a matter
of fact, to me, it's always been shorthand for a pain in the a**.

Tech one:  "Any special stains today?  I need to leave early."
Tech two:  "Just a Movat's Pentachrome."
Tech one:  " &%*#@$&  !!!"

                                                       Sincerely,

                                                           Jay A. Lundgren,
M.S., HTL(ASCP)