[Histonet] post-fixation question

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Thu Sep 23 17:52:54 CDT 2010

I agree with you Geoff

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Geoff
McAuliffe
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2010 11:59 PM
To: Salim Yalcin Inan
Cc: Histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] post-fixation question

Merced is correct about longer fixation inducing more cross-linking,
possibly making immunostaining more difficult.
Much depends on the antigen you are looking for.
I disagree that the tissue will become brittle, this is not my
experience.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.