[Histonet] RE: Questions

DKBoyd <@t> chs.net DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Mon Sep 20 11:09:41 CDT 2010

Well said, Shirley!

Debbie M. Boyd, HT(ASCP) l Chief Histologist l Southside Regional Medical
Center I
200 Medical Park Boulevard l Petersburg, Va.  23805 l T: 804-765-5050 l F:
804-765-5582 l dkboyd <@t> chs.net

"Shirley A. Powell" <POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
09/20/2010 11:37 AM

"Senn, Amy R" <arsenn <@t> hsh.org>, "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
<Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] RE: Questions

Amy,

You do not need to apologize for asking a question to which you did not
know the answer.  This is an educational avenue, for histology, and there
is no such thing as a "stupid" question if you need answers to solve a
problem.

Those of us who teach know questions are important, even if you think you
know the answer but not exactly sure, or in your case you knew but needed
documented verification from others in the field.  I hope your fellow
workers and supervisors got the message and please feel free to ask. There
are those in the field who feel this is a social network for experts and
that is okay too, but the real reason NSH and histosearch was started was
to expand knowledge of the histology community and to improve our
profession.  Remembering when histology was in the basement and no one
knew we were there, it makes me proud of the progress we have made in the
48 years I have been in the field.

Keep asking and share what you know, no need for apologies.

Shirley