[Histonet] RE: Questions

Tim Higgins higginst <@t> amapath.com
Mon Sep 20 10:41:43 CDT 2010

Agreed!

Thanks,

Timothy Higgins, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
APA
Amarillo, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Shirley A.
Powell
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 10:33 AM
To: Senn, Amy R; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Questions

Amy,

You do not need to apologize for asking a question to which you did not know
the answer.  This is an educational avenue, for histology, and there is no
such thing as a "stupid" question if you need answers to solve a problem.

Those of us who teach know questions are important, even if you think you
know the answer but not exactly sure, or in your case you knew but needed
documented verification from others in the field.  I hope your fellow
workers and supervisors got the message and please feel free to ask.  There
are those in the field who feel this is a social network for experts and
that is okay too, but the real reason NSH and histosearch was started was to
expand knowledge of the histology community and to improve our profession.
Remembering when histology was in the basement and no one knew we were
there, it makes me proud of the progress we have made in the 48 years I have
been in the field.

Keep asking and share what you know, no need for apologies.

Shirley