[Histonet] (no subject)

Senn, Amy R arsenn <@t> hsh.org
Mon Sep 20 10:25:10 CDT 2010

James,

Well said. I totally agree!!!!

Thank you very much!

Amy

Message: 4

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:54:42 -0600

From: "james leroux" <jleroux <@t> petroglyphpath.com>

Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Cutting, Processing, etc

To: "'Nails, Felton'" <flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org>,

      <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com>, "'mohamed abd el razik'"

      <k84as <@t> yahoo.com>,      <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Felton,

  I would have to disagree with your assessment of the emails.  Our
field is

very strong and is not in decline.  Unfortunately, some "supervisors"
around

the country are relying on archaic methods and do not want to see or
welcome

change within the histo lab. We call ourselves professionals and yet not
all

of us are required to do continuing education?  I read emails everyday
and

laugh at some of the bloviating that goes on inside this forum.  I am
glad

the questions are asked, but I am also amazed at some of the responses
that

are shared with everyone.  I choose to respond one on one with the
person

asking the question.  Basic histology deals with didactics and this

particular inquiry dealt more with OJT.  There are many ways to get the
same

job done; are there more efficient ways?  Probably, but this does not
mean

we all do our job the same way.  I am not concerned about the future of

Histotechnology. I embrace the opportunity to teach the young
technicians

about a field that sees a change almost daily.  I am not here to offend

either, but rather to defend an occupation that is as fascinating as it
is

frustrating.

Respectfully,

James Leroux, AAS, BA, HTL