[Histonet] eosin in processor

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri Oct 22 13:09:36 CDT 2010

Does anyone use eosin in their Peloris?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Shea's
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 2:07 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] eosin in processor

This is the best kept secret....For those who have never tried this, you don't know what you are missing in the ease of embedding and cutting.

We have been adding alcoholic eosin (about 10cc each) to the 1st & 2nd 100% alcohols, leaving the last 100% pure (of course there is carry over during the week), then we dump the first and rotate the other 2 each week. The one that we now moved into position #2 will get 10cc eosin).

We send our IHC & FISH  to a HUGE reference lab. I specifically asked about this interfering and the technical rep said that it is not a problem esp they see a lot of it and they know to avoid non specific perimeter staining (the Pathologists know how to read around this because many labs are using Eosin in the processors).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this
message is confidential and may contain privileged, confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com - for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and more.