[Histonet] eosin in processor

Shea's jshea121 <@t> roadrunner.com
Fri Oct 22 13:06:31 CDT 2010

This is the best kept secret....For those who have never tried this, you don't know what you are missing in the ease of embedding and cutting.

We have been adding alcoholic eosin (about 10cc each) to the 1st & 2nd 100% alcohols, leaving the last 100% pure (of course there is carry over during the week), then we dump the first and rotate the other 2 each week. The one that we now moved into position #2 will get 10cc eosin).

We send our IHC & FISH  to a HUGE reference lab. I specifically asked about this interfering and the technical rep said that it is not a problem esp they see a lot of it and they know to avoid non specific perimeter staining (the Pathologists know how to read around this because many labs are using Eosin in the processors).