[Histonet] Cheap slide scanner for rat brains?

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri Oct 22 13:11:03 CDT 2010

Caroline

The older models of the Nikon scanner for kodachromes had an attachment that would scan glass slides, I'm not sure about the new ones but we had one back in the late 90's early 2000's that would hold a slide and we could scan that.  You could also take some low mag images on a microscope with a camera and them merge the images in adobe elements.  It will work but the method can be a bit crude and you have to watch your illumination through the entire process.  I have even used a regular digital camera and taken images of the glass slide, that worked too.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592