AW: [Histonet] PAS STAIN

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Wed Oct 6 10:39:03 CDT 2010

You can test the activity of the Schiffs. Add a few drops of formalin to a
small amount of Schiffs. There should be the typical pink stain.
The pH should be about 2. If there are white flakes in the bottle, this
could be a sign for a too high pH.

Is your periodic acid ok?

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Diana
McCaig
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 06. Oktober 2010 17:03
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] PAS STAIN

Hi
We have been doing a PAS stain on the same control block and same
reagent supplier for a long time.
Yesterday when we ran the slides, they failed to stain

We opened new bottles of Periodic Acid and Schiff's Reagent and recut
fresh controls

Still, we are unable to get any staining.

Suggestions to help would be appreciated

Diana