[Histonet] IHC unfixed human brain tissue

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 14:44:50 CDT 2010

1- they are very delicate, so treat them accordingly!
2- you do not need to use antigen retrieval, since they have been sectioned frozen.
3- go directly to block→Ab→detection→chromogen→ H&E counterstain.
4- the times could be shorter than with FFPE sections.
5- wash very delicately.
6- dehydrate and cover as usual.
René J.

--- On Mon, 10/4/10, Neil M. Fournier <neil.fournier <@t> yale.edu> wrote:

From: Neil M. Fournier <neil.fournier <@t> yale.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC unfixed human brain tissue
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 3:37 PM

I have limited experience working with human brain tissue and would like to
stain some human brain sections that I received. They were not fixed, but were
flash frozen and sectioned on a cryostat, and mounted onto slides.

Could someone give me a brief run down of their standard methodological staining
procedure with unfixed human brain sections?

Much appreciated

Neil