SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] shrinkage during IHC

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Nov 7 14:20:58 CST 2010

You should have the same morphology from the IHC slides done outside that
you get from your H&E, do you provide them with slides or the Block?  The
only thing I can think of is if they airdry after IHC instead of going thru
alcohols and xylene to coverslip (if they use AEC or ap/red they may
airdry), I have seen cell shrinkage from airdrying after IHC occasionally.
Something else just occurred to me, if they over heat during HIER I suppose
this could happen, but I have not seen it.

Regards,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech