[Histonet] shrinkage during IHC

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Mon Nov 8 07:08:25 CST 2010

In my experience, IHC usually plumps tissue back up during reteival.  Is
this noticed with every antibody or just a few?  Certain tissue types?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
zodiac29 <@t> comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 8:28 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] shrinkage during IHC

To All,

We are a lab that sends our specimens out for IHC and have just switched
to another reference laboratory for these services. Our pathologist is
saying that the tissue looks shrunk on the IHC slides, yet the slides
that I process (H&E, and special stains)are fine. Does anyone know what
is causing this? The reference lab said it could be the type of slides
that I use to mount the sections we send to them. My knowledge in IHC is
limited. Also, if this helps, they are FFPE tissue.

Thanks for your help

Jenny